Please read the important information below before connecting UAD-2 OCTO PCIe to Apple Mac Pro (Late 2013) computers.
Click here for information regarding updating Apollo DUO/QUAD (silver) and/or Apollo 16 (silver) firmware for compatibility with the Late 2013 Mac Pro.
About Mac Pro (Late 2013) connectivity
A firmware update is required to enable Thunderbolt connectivity to the new Mac Pro
- UAD v7.5.0 and higher includes firmware for UAD-2 OCTO PCIe, Apollo DUO/QUAD, and Apollo 16 that enables these devices to be recognized by the new Mac Pro (Late 2013) when connected via Thunderbolt.
The initial firmware update must be performed with a different computer
- The initial firmware update for the UAD-2 OCTO PCIe in UAD v7.5.0 and higher that enables new Mac Pro Thunderbolt connectivity must be performed while connected to a computer other than the new Mac Pro.
- The initial firmware update can be performed on compatible Mac systems (other than the new Mac Pro, as above) via PCIe or Thunderbolt, or compatible Windows 7 systems via PCIe.
- Subsequent firmware updates can be applied from the new Mac Pro as usual when connected via Thunderbolt.
How To Update UAD Firmware for New Mac Pro Compatibility
Follow the procedures below to update UAD-2 OCTO PCIe for Mac Pro (Late 2013) compatibility. Note that the procedure below is shortened for those familiar with UAD operation to get going with the new Mac Pro quickly.
To update firmware on UAD-2 OCTO PCIe using a different computer
- Using standard UAD methods, install/connect with UAD v7.4.2 or higher on any compatible computer (Mac or PC) EXCEPT the new Mac Pro.
- Update the firmware on the UAD device when prompted by the UAD software.
Note: After installing the software, restarting, and verifying the UAD device is connected and powered, you may need to open the UAD Meter & Control Panel application to get the firmware update prompt.
- After the firmware is updated, the UAD device will be recognized by, and can be used with, UAD v7.4.2 or higher on the new Mac Pro.