Uninstall Procedure (UAD v7.4.2 and higher)
Note: Make sure to manually delete the UAD preference files as described below. If running UAD v7.4.1 or below, see the legacy uninstall directions further down in this article.
1. In the Mac OS X Finder, navigate to this folder:
2. Open the application named “Uninstall Universal Audio Software” by double-clicking its icon.
3. Click the “Uninstall UA Software” button in the Uninstall Universal Audio Software window. All UAD software is deleted and the uninstall process is complete.
Note: Make sure to manually delete the UAD preference files as described below.
1. From the UAD Software Archives, download the UAD installer for the UAD version that is currently installed.
2. Open the downloaded UAD Powered Plug-Ins installer application by double-clicking its icon.
3.Click through the screens until you arrive at the "Installation Type" screen. The "Custom Install" drop menu is visible on this screen.
4. Select "Uninstall" from the Custom Install drop menu.
5. Click the Uninstall button. All UAD software is deleted and the uninstall process is complete.
UAD preference files are used to save global system values such as those set in the UAD Meter & Control Panel, Console Settings window, UAD window positions, and similar settings.
To access ~/Library/Preferences/ (which is hidden by the OS), hold down the Option key while accessing the Go menu in the Mac OS X Finder (in the Menu Bar at top of screen when Finder is in the foreground). When Option is pressed, "Library" becomes visible in the menu so the hidden location can be opened.
Folder location: ~/Library/Preferences
Universal Audio/Powered Plugins.ini
Universal Audio/UA Mixer Engine Device Names.cache
Universal Audio/UA Mixer Engine Plugins.cache
Universal Audio/UA Mixer Engine.ini
Universal Audio/UAD Meter.ini
Tip: Delete the entire Universal Audio folder inside ~/Library/Preferences (in addition to the individual files not within the UA folder).
Make sure to reinstall using the latest version of UAD software found at the link below (compatible operating systems for the current version of UAD software are listed here as well):