- This article provides legacy instructions for registering and authorizing Apollo devices with UAD v7.11 and lower software. If using UAD v8 or higher, see the newer registration and authorization instructions.
- Before proceeding, confirm the UAD software and hardware are installed (the UAD system must be operating properly for successful authorization). Detailed installation instructions are available in Chapter 2 of the UAD System Manual.
- If the computer is not connected to the Internet, see the offline authorization instructions.
To Register and Authorize Apollo using UAD v7.11 and below:
1. Open the UAD Meter & Control Panel application
Mac: Click the application icon in the Mac OS X Dock
Windows: Click through Windows Start Menu>All Programs>UAD Powered Plug-Ins>UAD Meter & Control Panel
2. Open the UAD Meter & Control Panel's "Plug-Ins" Panel
To access the panel, click the small Menu Button at the top of the the UAD Meter window (#1), then select "Plug-Ins..." from the drop menu (#2). Note: On Windows systems, the Menu Button is located on the left side of the UAD Meter window.
3. Click the "Authorize Plug-Ins" Button
The button is located in the UAD Meter & Control Panel's "Plug-Ins" panel, which is accessed using the method in the previous step.
If the UAD device is not yet registered, your web browser will connect to the UA online store and the UA web pages will guide you through the process of creating an account, registering the hardware device, and claiming bundled UAD plug-ins (if your device is already registered, these pages are not presented).
4. Download the Authorization File
After the web browser connects to the UA online store, the "auth.uad2" authorization file will begin downloading automatically. The file is downloaded to the disk location specified in the web browser's preferences.
5. Load the Authorization File
Double-click the downloaded auth.uad2 file. After a few moments the Authorization Status window appears and the UAD device is ready for use.