This article contains basic information regarding purchasing UAD Powered Plug Ins from the UA Online Store.
Purchasing Plug-in Licenses
The UAD software installer always installs the complete suite of available UAD plug-ins to the hard drive during installation. Therefore when you purchase an optional license, you don’t download that individual plug-in. Instead, you download a newer authorization file, which enables the plug-in file that is already installed.
Coupons may be included in UAD retail packages and/or included with emailed promotions. These virtual coupons have dollar values that are as “good as cash” for buying UAD plug-ins at www.uaudio.com. Coupons are issued to your UA account automatically. The coupon dollar amount is in your account as a credit, ready to be applied to your store purchase. Coupons expire after a limited time period, and they can be used only once.
Coupons are a great reason to subscribe to promotional announcements. Email subscription preferences are specified on your “My Profile" page at www.uaudio.com.
To obtain optional UAD plug-in licenses, simply visit our online store, browse the complete line of plug-ins at our secure online store, and complete your purchase with several payment options or use the registration coupon that was applied during product registration. Lots of product information such as features, specifications, audio/video demos, and reviews are available on the plug-in product pages at the store to help you make your buying decisions.
- Login to your Account at www.uaudio.com. Your email address is your login.
- Click the “Store” menu, then browse the available plug-in selections.
- Add the items you wish to purchase to your shopping cart.
- Click the Checkout button when you are ready to proceed to checkout. At this point you will be able to review the contents of your shopping cart. Now you can either continue shopping or proceed to check out page.
- Select payment method: Credit card, Paypal, or coupon.
- Add any promotional discount coupons, then click Continue. The order conﬁrmation page appears.
- Verify the order conﬁrmation page, then click Conﬁrm Order once. The transaction is processed, and the “order complete” page appears.
- Purchased UAD plug-in licenses are issued immediately to My Systems. Any authorization ﬁle downloaded after this point contains the new license.
- Update your authorizations by clicking the Authorize Plug-ins button in the UAD Meter & Control Panel.
If I'm an existing registered user, am I already in the system?
Yes. If you’re not sure if you are already registered, try logging in with your email address and password. If you forgot your password, click the "Forgot Your Password?" link to have a new one emailed to you. You can then login using your email address and this new password to view your account information and authorizations. You can also update your registration information or change your password from the “My Profile” tab. Alternately, you can contact UA and ask us to look up your information.
What happens if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, you click on the new password link on the login page and request a new password. An email will be sent to you shortly with your new password. At this point you can login and change it to a new password of your liking.
What payment methods do you accept?
The web store accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards. The web store also accepts PayPal. Universal Audio does not support bank wire transfers.
Is my payment secure?
Yes. The UA web store uses the latest credit card encryption to protect your transactions and privacy. The web store is a GeoTrust Trusted site. You can view this by clicking on the Geotrust icon on the left hand margin of the store.
How do I change my email address or my address?
You can modify your account information by choosing from the www.uaudio.com top menu "My Profile" and clicking the Modify Profile button.