Important Windows Compatibility Notes
- Certain Windows settings are necessary for optimum Apollo Twin USB performance. See the Required Settings – Windows Setup article for details.
- Apollo Twin USB is compatible with 64-bit editions of Windows 7, 8.1, and 10. 32-bit editions of Windows, and all older Windows operating systems, are untested. Although these operating systems may work, they are not supported.
- Only ASIO and WDM driver modes are compatible. Using ASIO drivers is recommended whenever supported by the audio program.
Incompatible Windows Systems
- Computers that do not have USB 3 natively built in to the motherboard are not compatible with Apollo Twin USB.
- Using USB 3 adapters (such as PCIe-to-USB 3 adapter cards) are not compatible when used with USB 2 motherboards.
- Motherboards and PCIe to USB 3 adapter cards that use USB 3 controller chips from the following manufacturers are are not recommended for use with Apollo Twin USB:
- Using Apple's Boot Camp to run Windows on Mac computers with Apollo Twin USB and/or UAD-2 devices is an untested configuration.
For information regarding tested PCIe to USB 3 adapter cards, click here.