Important Windows Compatibility Notes
- Certain Windows settings are necessary for optimum performance with Satellite USB. See the Required Settings – Windows Setup article for details.
Incompatible Windows Systems
- Computers that do not have USB 3 natively built in to the motherboard are not compatible with UAD-2 Satellite USB.
- Using USB 3 adapters (such as PCIe-to-USB 3 adapter cards) are not compatible when used with USB 2 motherboards.
- Motherboards and PCIe to USB 3 adapter cards that use USB 3 controller chips from the following manufacturers are are not recommended for use with UAD-2 Satellite USB:
- Using Apple's Boot Camp to run Windows on Mac computers with UAD-2 Satellite USB and/or other UAD-2 devices is an untested configuration.
For information regarding tested PCIe to USB 3 adapter cards, click here.