Specific USB 3 hubs can be used for Apollo Twin USB and/or UAD-2 Satellite USB connections. The following points apply when using USB 3 hubs:
- Only the USB 3 hubs listed below are recommended. Although other USB 3 hubs may work, they are untested and not officially compatible.
- Do not connect a USB hard drive being used for audio file recording/playback to the USB 3 hub. Any USB audio drive should be connected directly to a USB port on the motherboard.
- The USB 3 hub should be connected to a USB 3 port that is natively built into the motherboard.
- Connect the USB 3 hub to an available built-in USB 3 port using a USB 3 SuperSpeed cable. USB 2 cables cannot be used.
- Connect the USB 3 hub to the computer with a USB 3 SuperSpeed cable that is no longer than two meters in length (approximately six feet or less). Using longer cables can have adverse effects on system performance.
Compatible USB 3 Hubs
|Brand||Model Name||Controller Chip Mfg.||Mfg. Information|
|Anker||4-Port Ultra-Slim USB 3.0 Hub||Via Technologies||Product page|
|Cable Matters||Mini 4-Port SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Hub||Via Technologies||Product page|