What is LUNA?
LUNA Recording System is the new full-featured music creation and recording system from Universal Audio, exclusively made for Thunderbolt-equipped UA audio interfaces including the industry-standard Apollo and Arrow. The LUNA Recording System consists of a Universal Audio (UA) Thunderbolt-equipped audio interface, the LUNA Application, LUNA Extensions, and LUNA Instruments. LUNA is available for Mac computers only.
How much does LUNA cost?
LUNA is free for new and existing UA Apollo & Arrow users on Thunderbolt equipped macs. LUNA also includes the following free LUNA Extensions and LUNA Instruments:
- Shape LUNA Instrument
- Oxide Tape Recorder LUNA Extension
- ARP LUNA Extension
There are additional add-on (for sale) LUNA Instruments and LUNA Extensions that enhance the overall experience, including:
- Neve® Summing LUNA Extension
- API® Summing LUNA Extension
- Studer® A800 Tape Recorder LUNA Extension
- Moog® Minimoog Synthesizer LUNA Instrument
- Ampex® ATR-102 Master Tape
- Ravel™ Grand Piano LUNA Instrument
- Spitfire Audio Strings, Brass, and Woodwind Collection LUNA Instruments
- Bundles are available – offering the best way to get into the full LUNA experience. Pricing is available within the app.
Can LUNA Instruments or LUNA Extensions be run in other software?
LUNA Extensions and Instruments are exclusive to LUNA and feature tight integration, engine optimization, and performance to ensure great sonic results and a great user experience.
Does LUNA run third party native plug-ins?
Yes! LUNA Supports 64 Bit Audio Units plug-in effects and virtual instruments.
Note: VST plug-ins are not supported.
Does LUNA require copy protection?
Yes, LUNA supports Pace iLok Cloud and iLok USB hardware.
- iLok Cloud provides an almost invisible user experience when using LUNA; no iLok hardware is required - only an internet connection.
- iLok USB hardware provides “go anywhere” portability with LUNA Recording System - put your licenses on the USB key and no internet connection is required.
- LUNA creates an iLok account for you automatically, or links to your existing iLok account, during LUNA installation. You don't need to visit iLok.com separately to get started with LUNA.
How many activations do I get per UA iLok License?
- Two activations are provided per LUNA license.
- You can easily put your activations on two iLok USB hardware keys or have one activation on iLok Cloud and one on an iLok USB hardware key.
- Users are eligible for one LUNA License for every system group they have in their my.uaudio.com account.
Will USB or FireWire Apollos work with LUNA?
There are no announcements for compatibility with USB or FireWire-based Apollos at this time.
Will LUNA work with Windows?
There are no announcements for LUNA Windows compatibility at this time.
What versions of macOS does LUNA work on?
LUNA requires macOS 10.14 Mojave or macOS 10.15 Catalina.
The following operating systems do not work:
- High Sierra
- El Capitan
- and older
LUNA does not have a feature that I wish I had, when will I get it?
We don’t announce future roadmap plans but LUNA has a Feedback button built into the application – give us your feedback and let us know what you would like, we are listening!