We are currently investigating an issue that prevents Steinberg eLicenser-based Audio Units (AU) plug-ins from loading in LUNA on macOS 10.15 Catalina. A workaround is available for macOS 10.14 Mojave.
One or more the following issues may be encountered:
- An eLicenser error appears when scanning plug-ins upon launching LUNA
- An eLicenser plug-in is causing LUNA to crash or hang on startup
- An eLicenser plug-in causes LUNA to crash when instantiated in a session
Note: Steinberg eLicenser based plug-ins can be loaded successfully in LUNA on macOS Mojave when correctly configured. Click here for help with configuring macOS Mojave.
LUNA eLicenser issues on macOS 10.15 Catalina
Steinberg eLicenser-based AU plug-ins cannot be loaded in LUNA on macOS Catalina. At this time, it is currently not possible to add eLicenser Automation permissions. Synsopos, a component of eLicenser, cannot be accessed in the Automation column of the Privacy tab within the macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy pane.
We are continuing to investigate this issue, but at this time there are no workarounds available for macOS Catalina.
Automation pane in Security & Privacy > Privacy
LUNA eLicenser issues on macOS 10.14 Mojave
Steinberg eLicenser-based AU plug-ins can be loaded in LUNA on macOS Mojave. When first opening LUNA, it will scan your plug-in locations. Please make sure to allow LUNA to have Automation access to Synsopos.app as shown in the screenshot below.
Click OK to allow Synsopos (Steinberger eLicenser) for LUNA
Automation pane in Security & Privacy > Privacy with Synsopos properly configured for LUNA
If the "Allow Synsopos" step above is skipped, the following error will appear on your screen when attempting to load eLicenser plug-ins in LUNA. If this occurs, you can manually allow the eLicenser Control automation permission for LUNA by following the steps below.
To manually allow Synsopos automation permission for LUNA:
- Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy (from the Apple menu in the top left corner of the display).
- In the left column within the Privacy tab, click Automation.
- Click the lock icon (in the bottom left of window) and authenticate to allow system changes.
- In the right column, tick the checkbox next to Synsopos underneath LUNA to allow Automation access.
Automation pane with Synsopos properly configured for LUNA