UAD Thunderbolt Compatibility Requirements
- A Windows 10 PC computer featuring available Thunderbolt 3 is required.
- Windows 10 64-bit edition
- A Thunderbolt 3 USB-C cable (not included) is required to connect Apollo Solo to the Thunderbolt 3 port on the computer. Note that not all USB-C cables support Thunderbolt 3.
- Apollo Solo audio drivers for Windows are 64 bit only. 32 bit DAW applications are not compatible.
- Thunderbolt to FireWire adapters and Thunderbolt hubs are not tested or supported and may cause unexpected behavior.
- Connections to Thunderbolt 1 or Thunderbolt 2 computer ports are not tested or supported.
- Using Apple's Boot Camp to run Windows on Mac computers with Apollo Solo is not tested or supported.
- For Apollo Solo system requirements, see this article.
- For details on UA device compatibility with Apollo Solo, see this article.
- A Quad Core i7 or better processor is recommended for optimum performance.
- 2016 and later systems that have a 6th-generation Intel Skylake processor (or greater) and Thunderbolt 3 (Alpine Ridge) controller with a Thunderbolt 3 port are expected to be compatible.
- Thunderbolt 3 products listed on Intel’s Thunderbolt Technology Community page are expected to be compatible.
- Systems that use Thunderbolt 3 add-on cards may require additional configuration. For details, check the manufacturer's documentation that came with the system or add-on card.
Known Incompatible Systems
We have received a number of user reports of incompatibilities between UA Thunderbolt interfaces and certain Clevo laptop models. User reports indicate that affected systems experience distorted audio at all sample rates or distorted audio at sample rates other than 96 kHz.
Clevo is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) that manufactures laptops that are re-branded and sold by independent retailers. These laptops are often sold by retailers under their own brand name and the Clevo branding is typically absent from the system. See below for help identifying your system model.
How To Identify Clevo Systems
If you are unsure about your system model, you can check the model by following these directions:
- Press Win+R to open the Run dialog, or open the Start menu and click on the "Search" field
- Type msinfo32 and press Enter
- On the System Summary page, the model number should be listed next to "System Model"
If the "System Model" matches one of the specific models listed below, or contains “P7xxDM”, then it will likely be affected by this issue.
Affected Clevo System Models
The following Clevo system models have been reported to be affected by this issue:
If you own one of these affected systems, we suggest contacting the retailer from where you purchased the laptop to see if there are any BIOS updates available. Some users have reported improvements after installing available BIOS updates.
For help configuring your Windows PC for use with Apollo Solo, please see the articles below: