Pro Tools' I/O settings can get changed for a number of reasons and it is sometimes necessary to reset the Pro Tools I/O to resolve issues with routing audio in to and out of Pro Tools. Follow the process below to reset your Pro Tools I/O.
- You will first need to make sure that UAD device is selected as your Playback Engine within Pro Tools. To do this, open Pro Tools and navigate to Setup > Playback Engine and make sure appropriate Universal Audio driver is selected.
- Next, navigate to Setup > I/O and click on the 'Input' tab when the I/O Settings window appears.
- On the 'Input' tab, select all paths shown and click 'Delete Path'. Delete all paths on this tab so it is completely empty.
- Once all paths are deleted, click the 'Default' button. This will re-populate the tab with the correct paths.
- Repeat these steps for the 'Output', 'Bus' and 'Insert' tabs as well.
Note: I/O can be manually changed on the I/O Matrix tab of the Console settings for Thunderbolt UAD devices. If any changes are made to the I/O via the I/O Matrix tab, the Pro Tools I/O will need to be reset to reflect these changes.