This article explains how to reset your UAFX pedal to factory default settings.
- Restore defaults deletes the stored preset, bonus effect(s)/bonus speakers, user presets, user Rigs, and registration. Customized preset/Rig settings are permanently lost.
- To get the bonus effect after restoring defaults, register the pedal again with UAFX Control software.
- To restore presets/Rigs after resetting, use the preset/Rig backup procedures in the UAFX Control Manual.
Follow these steps to reset your UAFX pedal to the factory defaults:
- Disconnect the UAFX pedal’s 9VDC power supply.
- Press and hold the PAIR button on the rear panel while reconnecting power.
- Continue holding the PAIR button until all LEDs on the pedal begin to blink (approximately 10-15 seconds), then release the PAIR button.
- Press then quickly release (don’t hold) the PAIR button again and wait 20 seconds for the pedal to completely finish restarting. After the Effect Type LED stops cycling, the restart is complete and all settings are returned to their default values.
- Disconnect the UAFX pedal’s 9VDC power again to power off the pedal, then reconnect power. After this second restart, the pedal is ready for use.
- If the UAFX pedal was previously connected to Bluetooth, remove the pedal from the list of known Bluetooth devices and from the UAFX App on your mobile device.