This article applies to:
- Apollo Twin USB
- Apollo Solo USB
Important Windows Compatibility Notes
- Certain Windows settings are necessary for optimum Apollo USB performance. See the Required Settings – Windows Setup article for details.
- Apollo USB is compatible with Windows 10 64-bit edition and Windows 11. All older Windows operating systems are untested. Although these operating systems may work, they are not supported.
- Only ASIO and WDM driver modes are compatible. Using ASIO drivers is recommended whenever supported by the audio program.
Incompatible Windows Systems
- Computers that do not have USB 3 natively built into the motherboard are not compatible with Apollo USB.
- Using USB 3 adapters (such as PCIe-to-USB 3 adapter cards) is not compatible when used with USB 2 motherboards.
- Motherboards and PCIe to USB adapter cards that use USB controller chips from the following manufacturers are not recommended for use with Apollo USB:
*May be compatible after updating ASMedia drivers
- Using Apple's Boot Camp to run Windows on Mac computers with Apollo USB and/or UAD-2 devices is an untested configuration.
For information regarding tested PCIe to USB 3 adapter cards, click here.