Unlock Analog Sounds and Workflows
Easily shape your mixes with genuine analog summing, multitrack tape, and master tape.
Create with precisely emulated analog summing from the famed Neve 80-Series consoles. Far beyond a simple “summing plug-in,” this optional LUNA Extension will transform a clean, sterile mix to sound as if it was mixed on a classic Neve desk.
Developed in partnership with API, exclusively for LUNA Recording System, the API Summing Extension emulates the 2520 op-amp and custom output transformer-based summing amps found in legendary API consoles over the past 50 years — giving your LUNA mixes all the attitude and tone of API's esteemed analog desks.
Get the rich warmth, punch, and texture of magnetic tape on any audio or instrument track with the optional Studer A800 Tape LUNA Extension. Simply adjust the per-track Saturation control for the desired amount of harmonics and tape character, and tweak further with master controls like Tape Formula, Tape Speed (IPS), and calibration settings.
The Oxide Tape LUNA Extension provides UA’s revolutionary tape emulation technology in a simple package — with all of the essential tape sound — for free. By harnessing the musical, mixable sound of tape, Oxide Tape LUNA Extension imparts essential “sounds like a record” clarity, punch, and warmth to input tracks.
LUNA’s feature rich arpeggiator is a powerful tool that can help you discover new and interesting musical note patterns while composing and performing.
Using Presets with LUNA Extensions
You can choose and save presets for LUNA Extensions with a preset browser that provides deep and comprehensive ways to work with presets. The following LUNA Extensions use the preset browser:
- API Vision Console
- Ampex ATR-102 Master Tape
- Studer A800 Tape
- Oxide Tape
- ARP MIDI Arpeggiator
Note that you can access and save Oxide Tape presets with the preset browser, but you cannot edit the Oxide Tape extension in LUNA. You can, however, edit an Oxide Tape preset in the UAD plug-in and access those presets in the LUNA Extension.
When you open a LUNA extension in the browser, the search bar takes keyboard focus so you can find presets and tags. LUNA Extensions include a number of factory presets. For API Vision Console, presets include tags for Type and Artist. The preset browser appears at the bottom of the Extension for most extensions.
API Vision Console preset browser
For API Vision Console, the preset browser appears at the bottom of the console browser on narrower screens, and to the left of the console browser on wider screens. You can drag the console browser edge in or out to resize the browser, and arrange the presets at the bottom or to the left of the browser.
Loading a preset
Hover over the Extension row entry and click the square to open the Extension in the browser.
From the Preset browser, select the preset.
Use the Up and Down arrows to navigate through presets. To search for a preset, click next to the magnifying glass at the top of the browser, and begin typing.
To search for a preset by name or tag, type in the search bar. The list of presets is filtered as you type. Press Enter to load the first preset in the list, or navigate up/down with the arrow keys, then press Enter.
Using Tags to find a preset by characteristics
The Tags feature in the API Vision Console allows you to find presets by type and by artist.
- To show the list of tags, click TAGS.
- To close the list of tags, click TAGS again.
- To filter the list of presets by a tag, click the tag. Click one or more tags to narrow the list of presets. Each tag you add narrows the list of results further, and also reduces the list of tags.
- To remove a tag, click one of the selected tags.
- To stop filtering by tags, click the X next to TAGS.
Saving a preset
- Select a preset from the Preset Browser.
- Make changes to the preset as required.
- Click Save. The Save Preset As dialog opens.
- Click Save to save the changes to the existing preset, or type a name for the preset to save a new preset, then click Save.
Favoriting a preset
You can favorite presets, and filter the list of presets by your favorites.
- To favorite a preset, hover over the preset name, and click the star to the right of the preset name.
- To unfavorite a preset, hover over the preset name, and click the favorite star again.
- To show only favorites in your preset list, click Favorites in the Tags bar.