This article contains complete operating instructions for the UAFX Heavenly Plate Reverb pedal from Universal Audio.
In this article
- A Letter From Bill Putnam, Jr.
- Heavenly Quick Start
- Heavenly Studio Reverb Overview
- Heavenly Power
- Heavenly Connections
- Heavenly Controls
- Heavenly Specifications
- Heavenly Safety
A Letter From Bill Putnam, Jr.
Congratulations on your new UAFX pedal. We know that buying any new piece of gear requires an investment of time and money, and we aim to make your investment pay off!
At UA, we are dedicated to the idea of building “instant classics” — the type of music and audio gear that delivers album-worthy sounds to inspire you for decades.
UAFX pedals represent more than 20 years of research into vintage analog effects, coupled with next-generation digital engineering and rock-solid reliability.
Please let us know how we’re doing. Feel free to reach out to us via our website www.uaudio.com, and via our social media channels.
Thank you for your support, and enjoy your sonic exploration!
Bill Putnam Jr.
Heavenly Quick Start
Heavenly Studio Reverb Overview
Born from the award-winning Golden Reverberator, Heavenly Plate Reverb gives you the haunting ambience of the classic studio plates heard on countless hit records, in a compact stompbox. Heavenly gives you the rich, immersive textures of 1950’s German-made studio plate reverbs, with a dense and moody sound that outclasses other "plate effect" pedals.
Heavenly includes Vintage Bright, Vintage Dark, and Modern Full range settings for a rainbow of classic plate reverb sounds. Quickly get perfect ambience, tonality, and dimension with simple Pre-delay, EQ, Mod, and Rate controls.
- Three authentic vintage studio plate reverbs used on countless classic albums
- True or trails bypass and switchable predelay
- Selectable Vintage Bright, Vintage Dark, and Modern Full plate settings
- Mod, Pre-delay, EQ, and slow/fast rate controls for detailed effect sculpting
To learn how to power your UAFX pedal, go here.
To learn how to wire your UAFX pedals, go here.
The following controls are available on Heavenly.
Sets the reverb tail time, from a short decay of a half second to a maximum length of five seconds.
Adjusts the amount of reverb signal mixed with the clean signal. When the mix control is fully clockwise, the reverb is 100% wet.
Use this switch to select Heavenly plate A, B, or C.
|Plate A||Older plate with a brighter, more rolled-off response and a shorter decay.|
|Plate B||Older plate with a darker, more muted tone, and a slightly longer decay.|
|Plate C||Newer plate with a more even overall frequency response, longer decay, and some natural warble as it decays.|
Sets the amount of time before the onset of the reverb signal, from 0 – 250 milliseconds.
Tip: Increase predelay to preserve your instrument’s attack, and present a slightly cleaner reverberated signal.
Adjusts the reverb tail tone. Equalization is flat at noon. Below noon, this control cuts high end and increases low end. Above noon, this control adds treble and cuts low end.
Adjusts modulation depth. Increase modulation to subtly increase dispersion and reduce ringing, and make the reverb tail noticeably thicker with more movement. You can set the modulation speed to slow or fast with the back panel Mod Rate switch.
The footswitch toggles the effect on/off. The LED lights to indicate when the effect is active. The LED color changes to indicate the pedal settings for True and Trails bypass and Mod Rate.
Pedal mode LED colors
|LED Color||Bypass switch||Mod Rate switch|
You can switch between Trails or True bypass modes using the slider switch on the back of the pedal.
- Trails - Reverb tails play out after the pedal is bypassed. The pedal’s output is buffered when the effect is on and off. Trails bypass minimizes high frequency loss from long cable runs, and preserves your tone when you have multiple pedals in series.
- True - Reverb tails are cut off immediately when the pedal is bypassed. The pedal signal is true bypass when the effect is off.
Mod Rate Speed
You can adjust the mod rate for Heavenly’s reverb signal using the slider switch on the back of the pedal.
- Slow - Modulation is slower and more chorus-like. Use a slow mod rate for more subtlety and wash.
- Fast - Modulation is faster and more like vibrato. Use a fast mod rate for a more obvious effect.
Note: All specifications are subject to change without notice.
(power supply sold separately)
|Isolated 9VDC, center-negative, 250 mA minimum|
|Inputs||¼” unbalanced TS|
|Outputs||¼” unbalanced TS|
|Input impedance||1 Megohm|
|Output impedance||500 Ohms|
|Maximum input level||12.2 dBu|
|Maximum output level||12.2 dBu|
|Frequency response||20 Hz to 20 kHz, ±1 dB|
|USB Type-C||For registration and firmware updates via computer|
(with knobs and protrusions)
Height: 2.29 inches, 5.81 cm
Width: 2.58 inches, 6.55 cm
Depth: 4.75 inches, 12.07 cm
Caution: To help maintain the safety of your product, the chosen power supply must be a certified power supply complying with Limited Power Source (LPS) requirements with the following characteristics and electrical ratings: Isolated 9VDC, center-negative, 250 mA minimum, 2.1x5.5 mm barrel connector. Additional details at help.uaudio.com.
Before using this unit, be sure to carefully read the applicable items of these operating instructions and the safety suggestions. Afterwards, keep them handy for future reference. Take special care to follow the warnings indicated on the unit, as well as in the operating instructions.
- Read the instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat source such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. • Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use with attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- This equipment does not contain a fuse or any other user-replaceable parts.
- A compliance marking label is provided on bottom of the unit.
Japanese Class B Manual Statement
この装置は、クラスB機器です。この装置は、住宅環境で使用することを目的としています が、この装置がラジオやテレビジョン受信機に近接して使用されると、受信障害を引き起こ すことがあります。取扱説明書に従って正しい取り扱いをして下さい。VCCI-B
(This is Class B equipment. Although this equipment is intended for use in residential environments, it could cause poor reception if used near a radio television receiver. Please follow all instructions in the instruction manual.)
Used electrical and electronic equipment should not be mixed with general household waste. Please dispose in accordance with local regulations.