This article demonstrates how to transfer LUNA licenses from one iLok account to a different iLok account. You may need to transfer licenses between iLok accounts if:
- You are trying to move your iLok license(s) to a new iLok account
- You accidentally linked your UA account to the wrong iLok account
- LUNA licenses will always remain in the UA account in which they were initially authorized. It is not possible to transfer LUNA licenses to another UA account.
- There is a limit of two (2) transfers of LUNA licenses between iLok accounts. If you require an additional transfer please contact Customer Support.
Step 1 - Deactivate LUNA License(s)
Before you can transfer a license to a new iLok account, you must first deactivate all LUNA licenses from the old iLok account. This is done using iLok License Manager.
To deactivate a LUNA license:
- Open iLok License Manager
- Right-click (Ctrl+Click) on the LUNA license and choose Deactivate.
Deactivate LUNA license using iLok License Manager
Note: If the LUNA licenses are not deactivated from the old iLok account, the following error will appear. If you see this error then make sure that you have completed Step 1 for all LUNA licenses.
iLok Transfer error
Step 2 - Transfer LUNA License(s) to a New iLok Account
- Log into your UA account: https://www.uaudio.com/my/account/login/
- Go to: www.uaudio.com/my/ilok
- Enter the new iLok User ID and click Transfer.
iLok Transfer page
- On the next screen, enter your iLok account login credentials and then click Authorize.
iLok account authorization
- Next, click Transfer Licenses. This will move your LUNA licenses from the old iLok account into the new iLok account.
IMPORTANT: Your transfer request will be placed in a queue. The transfer process can take anywhere from a few seconds to up to 15 minutes depending on how busy the servers are.
Transfer confirmation page