About Thunderbolt-to-PCIe Expansion Chassis Compatibility
- For important information about Apple Mac Pro (Late 2013) compatibility, click here.
- UAD software v6.3.1 (and higher) enables the operation of UAD-2 PCIe cards with Thunderbolt-to-PCIe expansion chassis products.
- The specific chassis products (listed below) are tested in-house to verify compatibility with UAD systems.
- UAD devices are compatible with Thunderbolt only when using Mac OS X and Windows 10 or later.
Thunderbolt Chassis Operation Notes
- For optimum UAD performance with Thunderbolt-to-PCIe expansion chassis products, connect and power on all Thunderbolt devices before the computer is powered on.
- For optimum Thunderbolt performance, Mac OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion (or higher) is recommended.
Tested Thunderbolt-to-PCIe Expansion Chassis Models
The specific Thunderbolt-to-PCIe expansion chassis models from manufacturers listed below have been tested with UAD-2 PCIe cards. The results of these tests are noted beneath the specific models.
Note: The chassis models below are individually tested to work with UAD-2 cards. Using chassis models from different manufacturers together in the same Thunderbolt chain is an untested configuration.
- Echo Express Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis for PCIe Cards (one slot)
- Echo Express Pro Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis for PCIe Cards (2 slots)
- Echo Express SE II Thunderbolt 2 Expansion Chassis for PCIe Cards (2 slots)
- Echo Express III-D Thunderbolt 2 Expansion Chassis for PCIe Cards (3 slots)
Status: Compatible. All of the above chassis models are tested in-house for use with UAD‑2 PCIe cards. Although other Thunderbolt-to-PCIe chassis models from Sonnet Technologies are not specifically tested, we are not currently aware of any issues with the other chassis models from this manufacturer.
- ExpressBox 1T One-Slot Thunderbolt to PCI Express Expansion Chassis
- ExpressBox 3T Three-Slot Thunderbolt to PCI Express Expansion Chassis
Status: Compatible. Both of these chassis models are tested in-house for use with UAD‑2 PCIe cards.