General OS Information:
- Operating systems not listed are untested. Although untested operating systems may work, they are not supported by Universal Audio. Prior UAD software for older operating systems and discontinued UAD products is available in the UAD software archives.
- Pre-release and beta versions of operating systems are not supported.
- Known OS-related issues are listed below.
- The latest UAD software is compatible with 64-bit editions of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
- Windows 10 support includes Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703) and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709).
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607 or higher) is required for Thunderbolt connections with Universal Audio devices.
Known Issue with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- Symptom: The WDM sample rate cannot be set when Apollo is the playback device because the Advanced tab is not present within the Device Properties window.
- Solution: Double-click the Apollo device in the Sound control panel, then close the opened Configure window. The Advanced tab will now be visible in the Device Properties window. For details, click here.
Note: This issue only occurs with Apollo Thunderbolt connections — FireWire and USB Apollos are unaffected. The procedure is necessary each time UAD software is installed.
- The latest UAD software is compatible with macOS 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.12 Sierra, and 10.13 High Sierra.
- With macOS High Sierra, UAD software must be explicitly allowed to load in the Security & Privacy pane within macOS System Preferences. For details, see this KB article.
- MacOS Mojave presents new system access control dialogs when installing UAD software, and audio inputs must be enabled in the OS. For details, see the Mojave Compatibility KB article.