General OS Information:
- Operating systems not listed are untested. Although untested operating systems may work, they are not supported by Universal Audio. Prior UAD software for older operating systems and discontinued UAD products is available in the UAD software archives.
- Pre-release and beta versions of operating systems are not supported.
- Some audio software companies advise users not to install specific operating systems due to incompatibilities with their software. Universal Audio recommends inquiring with companies that make the software you use about compatibility before upgrading your OS.
- The latest UAD software is compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Mojave, 10.15 Catalina, and 11 Big Sur.
- IMPORTANT: Newer macOS versions require manual configuration steps to fully enable UAD software. See the specific compatibility article for your macOS version for complete details:
- The latest UAD software is compatible with 64-bit editions of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
- Windows 10 support includes Creators Update (version 1703), Fall Creators Update (version 1709), and May 2019 Update (version 1903).
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607 or higher) is required for Thunderbolt connections with Universal Audio devices.
Known Issue with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- Symptom: The WDM sample rate cannot be set when Apollo is the playback device because the Advanced tab is not present within the Device Properties window.
- Solution: Double-click the Apollo device in the Sound control panel, then close the opened Configure window. The Advanced tab will now be visible in the Device Properties window. For details, click here.
Note: This issue only occurs with Apollo Thunderbolt connections — FireWire and USB Apollos are unaffected. The procedure is necessary each time UAD software is installed.