Some macOS Big Sur users may experience an issue that prevents UAD software from properly installing. A UAD software patch is available that resolves this issue.
After installing UAD software on macOS Big Sur, “Driver Not Installed Correctly” is displayed in the UAD Meter & Control Panel app. The "Allow" button in System Preferences > Security & Privacy is either unavailable, or does not load the UAD driver when clicked.
Download and run the UAD Big Sur Patch Installer.
Note: This patch requires macOS Big Sur 11.5 or higher and UAD v9.14.7. See the additional information below for details.
Follow these instructions to install the UAD Big Sur Patch.
- Click this link to download the patch file:
Download UAD Big Sur Patch Installer
- Double-click the downloaded file to open the patch installer. The installer launches and guides you through installation.
- Restart the computer when prompted by the installer.
After restarting, the UAD Meter & Control Panel window should show gauges instead of red text. If you still have issues, please contact UA Customer Support for further assistance.
- The UAD Big Sur Patch only works with macOS Big Sur 11.5 or newer. To check your Big Sur version, choose About This Mac from the Apple menu at top left of your screen. To update to the latest version of Big Sur, click the Software Update button.
- The UAD Big Sur Patch requires UAD software v9.14.7. To check your UAD version, see the System Info panel in the UAD Meter & Control Panel app. To get the latest UAD software, visit the UA software downloads page.
- For additional setup information about UAD software with macOS Big Sur, visit the macOS 11 Big Sur Compatibility Info article.